Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A quickie before...

... heading off to school. I'm sure you're all very interested in my studies. ;o)

There was a slight change of plans, I'm not reading Business economics. (I called it Company Bookkeeping in a previous post.) I had to switch that to Mathematics B. We have 6 levels of math; elementary math (from first grade and up to ninth grade) and then A, B, C, D and E-level. A-level was the one I read last spring and I had no intention of reading more math but as Summer progressed, my schedule came in the mail and I realized that Business economics was colliding with about everything else I was going to read, I had to make a decision. Business economics alone was worth 150 points and I have to read 400 points worth of studying to be allegeable for study subsidairies.

After much agony, and a fair bit of angst, I decided to drop B/E and take up Math B instead. I opened the books for Math A the last week before this semester started and realized that I actually understood what it was all about. And suddenly the decision wasn't all that hard.

So, this is what I study this semester;
Math B - The next step would be C-level but then I would start to call myself a mathematician...

Programming (A+B) - Level A is basic programming in Visual Basic and level B... Well, that's more Visual Basic...

Geography A - Not only map-reading but a big chunk of Natural science and Social studies are involved in this subject. Very much about how we humans develop and use natural resources.

Social studies B - Yes, more of this. This level is very much about migration and other countries. Level A was much about Sweden and it's government, level B will be very much about how other countries are governed. One of the countries we are going to scrutinize is, of course, the US...

Database - Training in how to create and maintain databases.

Basic law school - Knowing more about the judicial system is always nice.

All in all worth 550 points, which is a bit tough but I know this one guy who, last semester, read 850 points. If he could do that, I sure as hell can manage my 550... Okey, he has an IQ like some Einstein but I realized that I'm pretty smart too...

Now I'm going to hit the shower and leave for another day of learning. Have a nice day, all of you!

2 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Good luck, hope we don't lose you to a semester of books and not internet.

PissedOffPencil said...

Thank you Joe! No, I'll try to write something at least every weekend from now on.