Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hi guys!

I feel a bit ashamed... since that last post was actually meant to be part of a joke, with the second part posted the next day. However... life has a tendency to play it's own jokes, especially if computers are involved. Yes, my faithful compie got the hiccups and only worked occasionally. To top it off, I also had a whole lot of work to do, helping an old lady to move to an elderly home. I've helped my mother and brother fixing their cars and acting like a general helping hand to a lot of people.

I've been completly flattened every evening and just couldn't bring myself to fix my own damn computer until today and it showed to be a loose wire. Damn cat had his hindlegs inside the pc last time I opened it and probably, somehow, loosened that damn wire.

What's really stupid is that I forgot what that second part of the joke was all about... but thanks to all of you who commented, encouraged and praised my english skills. I really, really appreciate you all.


Anyway, tomorrow I'm off to Germany for a funeral ceremony on Thursday. One of my aunts died last Friday after a long period of health problems. It seems as if she died exactly as she wished, just like my father two years ago. We seem to have that habit in the family... My uncle and her were on a small vacation in Rostock, had eaten a nice meal and generally had a good time as she suddenly fell ill and was hospitalized. A few hours later she was pronounced dead. Probably cardiac arrest worsened by numerous childbirths, overweight, some sort of lung disease and a recently discovered diabetes which she probably has had for years.

I'm sorry but I have to go now and pack some more things. If my posts sometimes are far between, don't worry because I'm probably working or helping someone. For some reason my skills in computers have been in high demand the last couple of weeks... and I never say no to some extra money... not with four children anyway. :)

1 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

Sorry to hear about the aunt, may she be blessed with a fabulous afterlife.