Monday, January 26, 2009

Yup, I'm still around

I'm not as visible as before but I'm still alive and kickin'. I really, really try to find the time for this blog but... well, I've been unfaithful to my readers, especially the english speaking ones. You might have guessed that this is not the only blog I'm trying to maintain.

No, I just had to have one in my native language too. So, I started one. It was mostly about economics and how I and my family were on the road to get rid of our debts. I tried to keep a light tone and joke about me and everything that happened around me. I wrote anonymously and had a blast. The blog became quite popular and I made a bit of a name for myself. And one day, disaster struck. Some idiot, who probably knew me from some other place on the net, wrote a resume of my blog and gave away my real name, which incidentally is considered as something very rude.

Even though I had had thoughts of making my blog into a business, part of the idea was that I was to remain anonymous, hence I could write more freely. So I first asked the guy to remove my name but he refused. A couple of days later I decided to take down my blog and remove it completely. I received a lot of emails from people who had read the blog and who wanted me to continue but I couldn't. It just wasn't the same anymore.

Instead, I kept the name of the blog and started a complete home page instead of the blog. Well, at first I just used whatever minor skills I had in HTML and coded the page from the ground up. However, my skills just couldn't keep up with my own demands and so I got myself a CMS (Content Management System) by the name of Joomla! and built up my home page anew. And considering I had no experience what so ever in many of the things a CMS needs, I had bitten off a little bit more than I could chew. It's still a handful but I'm managing it quite well nowadays.

And as a bit of leisure for me, I've started a blog in swedish about sex. That oughta be fun...

Anyway, I just wanted you to know I'm still around.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

**********************
Win Cash on my blog. Click here.

$10,000+ Cash Prizes
**********************

-No Email Required
-UNLIMITED ENTRIES