Thursday, February 09, 2006

Almost back on track

Yes, I'm feeling better, thank you ALL very much. It's nice to have people wishing one to get well. I attended two out of three lessons which was better than I expected. But believe me, I was nervous. Not because of having fallen back but because of... Well, let's just say my wife claimed that between me and Zyklon-B, the Nazis would have chosen me. However, I managed to keep it inside me for four hours and as I finally could escape from my fellow students, most of them women, I killed some trees that survived the bitter cold of Swedish winter. Had I put a lighter to my ass, I'd probably been the first man in space without NASA's help. 'Nuff said.

First of all, if you haven't seen this yet, some of you might be interested. That means you readers not living in an open society.

I've also found some new blogs of interest. Check out the blogroll. This is one of my favourites.


I don't know about you guys but I'm actually feeling hope coming back. At last, media has taken it's responsibility and started to publish news about the more moderate Muslim's protest against violence.

I don't exactly remember where I heard it (I've been in a haze of lethal gas, remember?) but someone in the US government said something about that Muslims mocking and diminishing the Holocaust was outrageous and that it would cause retalliation of some sort. Does that only apply to Muslims? Because as far as I know, revisionists have been doing it for decades. I'm not saying revisionists are wrong, neither I'm saying they are right, but I'm trying to put this in some sort of context. How about Jewish revisionists? How about German revisionists? Is the US government going to retalliate against them too? And, since we're on the subject, has there been retalliation against revisionists? And, if so, what are the retalliators afraid of? Food for thought, isn't it?

My grandfather was an officer in the SS. Yes, believe it or not. He died in the battle of Monte Cassino. I know four things about him:

  1. He was a convinced Nazi. (Absolutely no question about that.)
  2. He helped his Jewish neighbour to flee to Sweden. (This neighbour accidentally became our neighbour!)
  3. He refused to execute two alledged partisan young Italian boys. (He almost got killed for that one.)
  4. He's buried in Italy.
That's it.

This post is going all over the place, isn't it?

Since I'm slaloming anyway, I would like to tell you that four famous Swedes are going to be fifty years old this year. They are called "The Fabulous 56'ers" here in Sweden:

Björn Borg - Tennisplayer (Everybody but me loved him.)
Ingemar Stenmark - Downhill skiing racer (Sweden halted everytime he raced!)
Linda Haglund - Track runner (Absolutely stunningly beautiful! And she still is.)
Thomas Wassberg - Long distance skier (A true fighter if there ever was one.)
Frank Andersson - Wrestler (I didn't like him. He was an arrogant jerk)

Everytime anyone mentioned anyone of the above, my father used to say: Remember, I came to Sweden in 1955... and I traveled all over the country..."

2 comments:

Virginia Gal said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I know what you mean about missing school, you fall so behind even missing one class!
Your grandfather sounds like he would have been a really interesting person to talk too.
Yes glad to see moderate Muslims are taking some control of this debate.

PissedOffPencil said...

Yes, sometimes I wish that I had the chance to meet my grandfather and be able to hear what kind of a man he was.