Thursday, January 12, 2006

So far, so good and it's getting better!

So far this year, everything seems to work out just fine. I feel happy. (I just had to repeat that. :) )

I enjoy my classes, even though biology-teacher turned out to be a scatterbrained elderly woman that should have retired years ago. On the other hand, my fellow students all seem to be very nice (young) people. At 45, I could have been the grandfather to several of them. :)

And now for something different but never the less quite cool...

A few years back I was quite desperate looking for a job, any job, and even signed up on a website where wanna-be actors hang out. I even payed about $20 for a full years membership. I never heard anything during the first year and eventually forgot all about it.

Today I got a very surprising phone call from a young woman, asking me if I might be interested in being an extra! Not just in any movie but in the latest Swedish "Wallander-movie"!

I didn't get if it was in the mini TV-series or the actual motion picture but who cares? This is going to be a load of fun!

The part I'm going to play? A PLASTIC SURGEON!!!!

Hollywood... here I come! *laughing*

7 comments:

Shark-fu said...

Oh Shit!

P.O.P. is going to be famous!

Fantabulous!

PissedOffPencil said...

*laughing* An actor, I'm not... but still, it's going to be a nice experience to add to everything else. :)

Francesca said...

That sounds so cool, PoP!!!

Looking forward to hearing all about this adventure when you get going, Mr. Plastic Surgeon! (Let's hope you won't be a "pissed off" plastic surgeon, though!)

lol ;)

ScandinavienNova said...

I have two big favourites when it comes to swedish movie-series.. Of Course The Beck-movies are the best since me and Persbrandt is secretly in love..hehe..Then we have Kurt Wallander.. But yet I have not found my candy in that one ..until NOW.. This is SO cool! I am so happy for you!!

WOW.. I was so amazed yesterday, but I was not able tomake any comment then for some strange reason.. But now I can..so CONGRATULATION!!

Virginia Gal said...

On your road to stardom don't forget us little people : )

RaggyMaggy said...

LOL, how mad is that!!! Hope you enjoy it!

And LOL at Fran's pissed off plastic surgeon!

PissedOffPencil said...

I'm quite bushed so I'll answer everyone at the same time and then you sort out the appropiate things yourself. :)

Thank you and YES, it very cool getting such an opportunity. Not that I long for stardom but now the kids really have something to brag about, even if I'm just visible for a second or two.

But who knows, I might become the next famous bad guy? ;o)